- 1/21 – 1/25: Glenlivet Tasting. Nights of Passage. Join us for a special evening with Guardians of The Glenlivet to gain a deeper understanding of single malt scotch as you partake in tastings, identify its distinct characteristics, and discover all that it means to drink The Glenlivet. Santa Monica. Free with RSVP.
- 1/25: LA Scotch Club. Robbie Burns Night Supper w/ Highland Park. Drink Scotch, eat haggis, recite poetry. Pasadena. $$
- 1/25: Universal Whisky Experience at City Club. Glenfarclas Dinner. Three course dinner. Glenfarclas 17yo, 21yo, 25yo, 40yo, 105, Family cask 1972 and 1982. Los Angeles. $$$$$$
- 1/27-1/28: Southern California Whiskey Club: Stitzel-Weller Tasting. Stitzel-Weller was closed in late 1991 / early 1992 and was made famous by popularity of the Pappy Van Winkle bottlings. The word now is that Pappy 20 is no longer fully Stitzel-Weller and the pappy 15 is all buffalo trace juice. We will try a bottle of Pappy 20yr from 2009 when it was all Stitzel-Weller and compare that to the 2012 release side-by-side. We will also do a few more comparisons and try a few more Stitzel-Weller bourbons as well that are a little less famous. One notable on that we will definitely open is a W.L. Weller Centenial 10yr BHC Louisville bottling that has sold for several hundred dollars at auction. $$
- 1/31: Seven Grand Whiskey Society. Greenbar Collective Field Trip. Los Angeles.
- 2/19: Seven Grand Whiskey Society. The Irishman with Donal O’Gallochoir
- 2/27: LA Scotch Club. Tasting with K&L Wines’ David Othenin-Girard. The following will be poured: Faultline 10 year, Glen Garioch 14 year, GlenDronach 19 year, Glenfarclas 1970, Kilchoman 100% Sherry Finish, Bruichladdich 2003, Caperdonich 18 year, and Benriach 27 year. Los Angeles $$
- 2/27: The East Los Angeles Beer and Whisk(e)y Society. Whiskey and Beers. Meetup. Pasadena.
- 3/1-2: Nth 2013. Universal Whisky Experience at Wynn Resort, Las Vegas. Open to the public. Use discount code KAY10 to receive 10% off the High Roller and Connoisseur packages. $$$$$$$$$$$
- 3/10: Southern California Whiskey Club: LA Tasting – Tax Stamp Bourbons. It is time to cross a few distilleries off the bucket list! We are going to have 2 tastings, one in Los Angeles and one in Orange County of bourbons that were bottled prior to 1985, back when you had to have a tax stamp over the cap to prove that duty was paid. Some of these guys have been trapped in glass for over 40 years and are just begging to be opened. Some of the stuff we will try was made at distilleries that no longer operate so it is really just a chance to partake in a bit of history. Los Angeles. $$
- 3/??: LA Scotch Club. Tasting with Balblair.
- 6/22: LA Scotch Club Peatin’ Meetin‘. One of the biggest LA Scotch Club events of the year! If you like peated or smokey whiskies, this is the event for you. Open to the public. $$ – $$$$
- TBD: LA Scotch Club. International World Cup Scotch and Rocks Curling Championship of the World. Will Team Laphroaig be able to defend the Mundell Cup? Open to the public. $
- TBD: Whisky Live at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Los Angeles. Tip: there will be coupon codes available for discounted tickets. Open to the public. $$$
- TBD: Scotch Malt Whisky Society. The Single Malt & Scotch Whisky Extravaganza at Loews Hotel. Santa Monica. $$$